- I blew my pace in the first half of the race, so I pretty much died before the end of it.
- Hills SUCK all the ballz.
- People who stand along the route and cheer, clap, high five, and hold up signs are my equivalent of angels on earth. Seriously.
- I don't think I've ever been as mean to my friends as I was immediately following the race. Words like, "I f***ing hate this race sh*t. What the h*ll was I thinking?!" and "No. Don't smile at me. Stop it. No. NO SMILING." and so on. It was ug-gly. Rather, I was ugly. So very sorry to all those who experienced that. Not sure if it's legit but I'm going to go ahead and blame that on a mean case of the hangries.
- Half way through the race, I found myself behind a gal who's jersey said "I'm running today for all the people who can't run today" and I spent a good couple of miles feeling like the biggest jerk on the planet because I could run and I was taking it for granted and totally wishing I wasn't running... Ugh.
- My body seriously can't figure out what to do with itself ever since. I've eaten all the things, and I'm still hungry. It's been over a week. Is that normal?
ALL THE THINGS
Sarah :: Plucky in Love
Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!
Are you in?
weekly digest of all things
(like freebies & deals!)
right to your inbox?!
"She loved the sea. She liked the sharp salty smell of the air, and the vastness of the horizons bounded only by a vault of azur...
Vanity, thy name is Daisy Dog. ♥ Happy Monday!! OMG do I have a lot to share with you this week!! To kick things off, let's chat ab...
In this list you'll find a little bit of everything, some of which simply will not happen. Things that WILL happen or else include #...
Hello, world! It's been a longggg time. You'll never guess what's been on my mind in the last few months. Wedding biz!!! Oh...